“Microsoft announced at its Build 2017 developer conference earlier this year that Ubuntu would be heading to the Windows Store, and now the popular Linux distro is available to download.”
“Jide Technology released its own Marshmallow-based Android app emulator for Windows (7 and newer). This marks another step in the company’s strategy to become a more popular desktop environment for users in any way possible.”
“Editor’s Note: With the new Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 firmware last night, we figured this would be a good how-to to re-run for those wanting to see if the patch fixed things. You can also do a Sleep Study as well.”
I used to have an HP that would shut off on me without warning so I developed these power settings adjustments. They seem to work well on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- From Start screen search for Power Options
- Start with Balanced energy plan
- Click change advanced power settings
- Under Processor power management change Maximum Power State to 95% on battery. Note: My current laptop doesn’t have a fan so I set System Cooling Policy to passive for both battery and plugged in.
- Under Display turn off adaptive brightness for both battery and plugged in
- Under battery: Set critical battery action to Sleep for both.
- Under battery: Set low battery level to 30% for both
- Under battery: Set critical battery level to 12% for both
- Under battery set Low battery notification to On for both
- Under battery set Reserve battery level to 15% for both
Your mileage may vary but these are working well for me.
“Last month, Microsoft revealed that it was working on a tool that would let users simply and easily start fresh with a clean install of Windows 10. This week, that tool has leaked, and it appears to be an online version of the Reset This PC that is built into Windows 10.”
“updated to include link to KB article for Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and details on Servicing Stack Update dependency While we’ve spent a lot of time over the past year talking about Windows 10 (including new roadmap details), we know that organizations are still working wit”
“Enterprise customers are still the bulwark of Microsoft’s Windows business, in both the client and server segments. Historically, those customers have also been among the most conservative, lagging years behind the latest releases of an operating system release.”
“Image Resizer for Windows is a utility that lets you resize one or more selected image files directly from Windows Explorer by right-clicking.”
This way you can easily send it later in email or post online. One of those things that should just be part of Windows. Simple tool that is a bit old but still works fine even in Windows 10.
Get it here: Image Resizer for Windows
“As announced last night, Apple will live stream its WWDC keynote at 10 AM PST on June 8th, next Monday, where it will announce iOS 9 and OS X 10.11. The apple.com/live site confirms that the official website stream is limited to Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple TV.”