“On Tuesday morning, WikiLeaks released an enormous cache of documents that it claimed detailed “C.I.A. hacking tools.” Immediately afterward, it posted two startling tweets asserting that “C.I.A.”
“Here we go again, gumshoes. WikiLeaks (read: Julian Assange) says it acquired a massive cache of CIA documents related to the agency’s cyberwar efforts.”
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for December 8th 2010 through December 9th 2010:
- 4 (More) Tools for Teaching Kids to Code –
- From Twitter – RT @ZDNet Dell eyes Compellent merger, 'advanced discussions' underway http://zd.net/i3DnSx http://twitpic.com/3ecjws
- Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account with PayPal –
- Twitter Blog: To Trend or Not to Trend… –
Since Twitter first introduced the Trends feature in the summer of 2008, one frequently asked question has been “Why isn’t X trending?” This question has come up around a variety of subjects, from #justinbieber and #adamlambert to #flotilla, #iranelection and #demo2010. This week, people are wondering about WikiLeaks, with some asking if Twitter has blocked #wikileaks, #cablegate or other related topics from appearing in the list of top Trends. The answer: Absolutely not. In.. show all text
- Ellsberg: “EVERY attack now made on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange was made against me and the release of the Pentagon Papers at the time.” –
[Below is a news release put out by the Institute for Public Accuracy, co-signed by Daniel Ellsberg]
Ex-Intelligence Officers, Others See Plusses in WikiLeaks Disclosures
WASHINGTON – December 7 – The following statement was released today, signed by Daniel Ellsberg, Frank Grevil, Katharine Gun, David MacMichael, Ray McGovern, Craig Murray, Coleen Rowley and Larry Wilkerson; all are associated with Sam Adams Associates for Integrity in Intelligence.
WikiLeaks has teased the genie of.. show all text
- Breaking: Salesforce.com Buys Heroku For $212 Million In Cash –
Salesforce.com has just announced that it is acquiring Heroku, which provides a Ruby application platform-as-a-service, for approximately $212 million in cash.
That’s one hell of an exit for the startup, which was founded in 2007 and has raised only $13 million in funding.
Heroku was initially provided with seed funding through Y Combinator back in 2008.
The startup says it currently powers over 105,000 social and mobile cloud applications.
According to the company, the Ruby development c.. show all text
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for July 26th 2010 through July 27th 2010:
- Ignite San Diego 2 – Eventbrite –
- From Twitter – via @STRATFOR Geopolitical Weekly #Wikileaks documents shocked only those that weren't already paying attention http://ht.ly/2hcv5
- From Twitter – via @sophiebr 2 years to go, and the new BBC Olympics website is now live- with all the info you need/ news/ venues/ tickets etc http://www.bbc.co.uk/2012
- Twitter to Show Photos and Videos in the Stream [UPDATED] –
A new Twitter setting called “Tweet Media” has rolled out to some of Twitter’s users, strongly suggesting that the company will soon embed videos and photos in the stream.
Tweet Media, which the Mashable team and others have been able to access under Twitter’s account settings, asks you whether or not you want to show photos and videos from everyone. It also comes with the following description of the setting:
“By default, you’ll only see images an.. show all text
- From Twitter – via @steverubel RT @mike_elgan 'Most people's purchases influenced by social networks' http://tgr.ph/9X5zmb