“Having FOMO about not seeing Lorde at Outside Lands? Well, Snapchat just released a feature that could help alleviate your melodrama.”
“Facebook is set to launch a standalone app for video creators later this year, the company’s product director, Daniel Danker, announced during a presentation entitled The Future of Facebook Video this morning at VidCon.”
“There’s nothing we love more than being surrounded by amazing videos. And now, we mean it literally: we’re insanely thrilled to announce that Vimeo 360 is here.”
FLOSS and how we got here. Cory Doctorow explains that we can lock the whole future Web open, if we do it right. #oscon http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/oscon-tx/public/content/how-you-got-here Video.
“It’s the end of an era. Twitter today announced it is planning on killing off vine “in the coming months,” after launching the service back in January of 2013.”
“Although activists have been live streaming from mobile devices for at least five years, more of them than ever, around the world, are turning to live video broadcasts to expose and prevent human rights abuses in real-time.”
“When we started Periscope, we wanted to build the closest thing to teleportation — by providing users with the best way to start or watch a live video broadcast.”
“After years of capping video playback at 30 frames per second, it looks like YouTube is finally upping the bar. Back in June, YouTube announced that 60 FPS video playback was on the way in “the coming months”.”
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for October 7th 2010 through October 8th 2010:
- MySpace Unveils New, Artsy Logo –
If you’ve been following the news lately, you’ve probably realized that logo redesigns are a kind of a big deal. Today at the Warm Gun design conference in San Francisco, butt of too many design/user experince jokes to mention social networking site MySpace unveils their new logo which is, get this, the word “my” in Helvetica and then a symbol delineating a space.
MySpace VP of User Experience Mike Macadaan explains the philosophy behind it, “MySpace is a.. show all text
- USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate – North Dakota and Montana have an estimated 3.0 to 4.3 billion barrels of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil in an area known as the Bakken Formation. via @studerje on Twitter
- From Twitter – Getting Approval Before Recording #video http://bit.ly/cERRBT via @visiblegains @dmscott @stevegarfield
- Costco – $799.99 after $200 OFF Shelf Reliance THRIVE™ 1-year Supply Dehydrated & Freeze-Dried Food –
- From Twitter – "@Lifehacker Firefox Mobile Beta Now Available for Android and Maemo http://bit.ly/dvkVgD"