What I’m reading and finding for August 28th 2011 through August 31st 2011:
- “Respect Explorer’s Heritage” | TechCrunch–
– MG SieglerWhen photos started circulating yesterday of the new interface for Windows Explorer in Windows 8, I was sure they were a joke. Surely, this was an Onion mock-up. Or maybe they were from some Apple fan making fun of Microsoft’s design aesthetic in which more is quite often… more. I mean, there’s no way that this is something Microsoft could actually release — let alone in 2012, right?
As Windows chief Steven Sinofsky and Windows management team member Alex Simons detail in length on the B… show all text
- From Twitter – http://t.co/44nTwUd Streaming Services Compared Amazon, Hulu Plus, iTunes, Netflix and VUDU
- The Memory Buyer’s Guide: What’s the Best RAM for My System? – How much do you need? How fast should it be? Are latencies important? Today, we’ll be covering everything you need to know to get the right RAM for your system.
- Death Threats and Hate Crimes, Attacks On Women Bloggers Escalating | IttyBiz–
– Naomi DunfordI’m going to tell you a story and it’s very, very important. Please read it, all the way through. Women’s lives are at stake.
Once upon a time, there was a website. We’ll call it Mean Website 1. The owner of this website didn’t seem to like me very much. As a successful woman on the internet, this is hardly surprising.
The comments on Mean Website 1 got a little out of control, and people said some Not Very Nice Things. Because I am a woman, naturally these Not Very Nice Things quickly degenera… show all text
- Seesmic Focuses On The Social Enterprise; Debuts Android, iPad Apps For Salesforce CRM | TechCrunch–
– Leena RaoSocial application developer Seesmic is making a big move into the social enterprise and is debuting a dedicated Android app and iPad app for Salesforce’s CRM product (Windows Phone 7 will also be added soon), called Seesmic CRM. The Android app will be launched tomorrow morning at Salesforce’s annual conference, Dreamforce, and Seesmic will launch the iPad app in a few weeks.
For background, Seesmic, which was founded by French entrepreneur Loic Le Meur, helps you monitor and track the social … show all text
- H-P’s One-Year Plan – WSJ.com–
- Hurricane Irene Hype: How the Media Went Overboard – The Daily Beast–