Google is interested in promoting the use of new technologies and standards such as HTML5. They have created a site called HTML5ROCKS, in which we can see different examples of the use and implementation of HTML5, as well as tutorials to start our first steps in this field.
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for June 28th 2010 through June 29th 2010:
- Windows Live Essentials beta – Windows Live Essentials beta includes free programs from Microsoft for photos, movies, instant messaging, e‑mail, blogging, and more. Get them all in one download and get more done with Windows.
- From Twitter – RT @engadgethd HDBaseT 1.0 finalized; LG, Samsung & Sony ally behind one do-everything cable http://bit.ly/9i3bmg
- Beta HD-PVR Driver (Version 184.108.40.206) – Fixes Flickering problem. – Hauppauge UK Forum (User -> User Support) –
- From Twitter – via @arrington RT @TechCrunch TechCrunch TV Launches… Now. http://tcrn.ch/cum35V
- Microsoft starts sharing Windows 8 plans with PC partners – Microsoft’s next version of Windows client is far enough along that the Windows team seems to have begun sharing details about its goals with Microsoft’s PC partners.
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for June 26th 2010 through June 28th 2010:
- TEDxOilSpill – live streaming video powered by Livestream –
- Free Worldwide Travel Guides – Wikitravel – Wikitravel is a project to create a free, complete, up-to-date, and reliable worldwide travel guide
- San Diego Bargain Mama’s Blog – SanDiegoBargainMama.com –
- Users Can Call 1-888-FACETIME to Test iPhone 4 Video Chat – Just call 1-888-FACETIME anytime from 8am to 8pm CDT, and you can chat with a random Apple rep over FaceTime.
- From Twitter – via @ryancarson iPhone interface built with CSS3 and *no* images. Wow. http://demos.jeffbatterton.com/iphone-css3 (via @jmspool)
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for June 24th 2010 through June 25th 2010:
- From Twitter – #chrome annoyance no. 2. RSS isn't auto detected and indicated in the browser. There is an extension for that http://bit.ly/c0QXuh
- Sandisk SD card can store tamper-proof photos for 100 years – SanDisk has started shipping a SD card that writes once and can store images and data for at least 100 years. The SD card is being used by police for tamper-proof forensic image archiving and SanDisk plans to target other industries.
- From Twitter – RT @ChrisPirillo Are you sick and tired of seeing "J" characters in your email? Here's the freakin' fix http://lgno.me/cxMoKj
- WordPress.com acquires Plinky « Thing Labs, Inc. –
The Thing Labs team is excited to announce that our friends at Automattic, makers of WordPress.com, are the proud new owners of Plinky! We’re happy to hand off Plinky to a company that knows and loves the world of blogging and content creation.
When we launched Plinky as “a service that makes it easy for you to create inspired content on the web” we had high hopes and quickly gained many faithful daily contributors. We’re eager to see how Plinky can continue to inspir.. show all text
- Apple iPhone 4 Antennas… – AntennaSys Blog – AntennaSys, Inc. – antenna design, integration and consulting. –
I received a phone call today from PC Magazine. They were running a story on the new Apple iPhone 4, specifically the reports (PC Mag, Gizmodo, Engadget) that people are experiencing decreased reception on their cell phone when they hold the phone by the metal frame. That frame has been touted by Apple, in the keynote address by Jobs, as being part of the antenna system. Here is a brief summary of what I told the reporter who called me, and a little extra. (I will u.. show all text